Wednesday 7 August 2019

Your Mid-Week Update for 08/07/19


He wasn’t there.

We went back to the house. I had this impossible hope that I’d see him there. He’d be sitting at the kitchen table eating spaghetti like nothing had happened. But he wasn’t there. Well he was. But not when I was there. The front door with the police tape had been cut open and upstairs, many of his things were gone.

I think he got out. He got away from this family…and from me. And in a strange way I couldn’t be prouder.

I miss him.

And I am going to miss him for a very long time.


The house was a mess. It didn’t even feel like home. The police tore it apart. The couch was literally ripped open. Drawers were open and everything was pulled out. It smelled awful. The fridge was disgusting. They’d turned the power off so…it was just a mess. I think it’s a miracle that they didn’t find what they were looking for. So they destroyed it instead.

We can’t ever go back there. We grabbed what we could and we drove off.

The three of us, we’re in a new city. Starting over.

I never gave notice at work. I wonder if they’ve figured it out. Maybe I should have called Heather. I should call her. Say goodbye. I’m going to miss her. We had our differences but…god, she might have been my best friend.

I’ll call her today.

I never would have called this happening. I mean it’s not the first time I’ve had to move and start over. But it’s never been such a messy split. It’s mostly just a lot of paperwork. And there is a ton of paperwork this time, too. It’s just a lot to lose at once.

It’s going to take time.

I need time.

Thank you, dear readers.

And as always,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment