Wednesday 5 June 2019

Your Mid-Week Update for 06/05/19


Another motel, another murder. This time it was a staff member. The one who checked us in. On one hand, now they can’t identify us should the police come through. On the other hand, I feel very exposed at the thought of someone getting closer and closer to revealing our location.

At least now I know I’m not crazy. Sure, I haven’t slept, or killed, or eaten in several days but I am not crazy. Someone is after my family. Not just Charlotte. Not just the police.

Someone knows. Someone knows my secret and they know where I am and they are sending a message. But what? And who? And why? And how? At least I know where. They’re following close behind. Wherever we go next, there’ll be another body.

What if we turn around? Would they follow us back? Could we catch them trying to follow too closely? What if it’s time to go back and actually come up with a plan to free Jason. Assess the damage. Find out what the police actually know about me. About us.

I have been killing for 25 years. And I think this is the most terrified I have ever been. I could always face the consequences myself but this time? This time there’s so much at stake. And it won’t just be me who gets hurt.

Oh god. Would I actually turn myself in to protect them? Properly sacrifice myself for my family. Before all this, I don’t know that I would. I don’t think it ever occurred to me. Clearly. Or else my son would be free.

Could I do it? Give it all up? For them?

I love them.

But I don’t know that I would.

I’ve always known I was a monster. It was just never so clear as in this moment.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment