Wednesday 8 May 2019

Your Mid-Week Update 05/08/19

I almost forgot to write this update to you. Days are kind of blurring together. I think this is the 7th motel we've been in since we left. Every one kind of looks the same and it just keeps getting colder. I thought it was supposed to be spring. I guess some parts of the world didn't get the memo.

We've officially hit international news (granted on a fairly infrequent reporting cycle). Three persons wanted for questioning in relation to the assassination of the politician. No mention of anything they found in the house or of Jason.

He's out on bail, by the way. My father posted it a few days after his arraignment. My sister called to say he was staying with her as he was not allowed to leave the city. I haven't been able to find what evidence they have on him from where I am. Trapped. Helpless. But I do know that it wasn't enough to outright charge him with homicide. He's been charged with voluntary manslaughter - which is likely what I would have been charged with if I had been arrested for this particular crime. But I wasn't arrested. My son was. Because of Charlotte.

She's still alive, by the way. She isn't resisting as often but she's still tied up in whatever trunk or dark and musty room we need to stick her in. I can't think of what to do to her. Nothing I can imagine seems enough for what she's done to my family. We could be separated forever. My son could go to prison. I could never be able to come home. At some point, we will run out of cash. We may have to hit up a bank soon. Let's just add robbery to our long list of sins.

My one consolation is that Jason is safe for the time being. My sister told me his trial is set for May 27th and my parents have hired a good lawyer. She's worried but she's trying to hide it. I, on the other hand, have no reason to hide. Who am I going to hide it from? My husband, who is also frightened for where our lives may lead us next? Thank god he's with me. I could not do this alone. The woman who framed my son for murder? The only thing I'm hiding from her is how much I want to kill her - and I'm not doing it well. Casey, the scared and confused girl who needs to know she's not alone and that we'll all as scared and confused as she is? Perhaps I should be keeping it together for her but there are far more motivators for freaking the fuck out so the fact that I'm not curled in a ball and crying, or dismembering Charlotte piece by piece is a miracle.

Honestly, thank god for my family. They are protecting my loved ones when I can't be there and they're keeping me up to date. I need to find a safe way back to him. So I can save him. Or stop this madness somehow. I don't know yet.

I just

I hate this situation and I hate that I can't do anything about it.

Dear readers, I am lost. Physically and emotionally. Any ideas about how to make this all go away?

I thought not.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment