Wednesday 10 April 2019

Your Mid-Week Update for 04/10/19


My husband is absolutely amazing. Over the weekend, we celebrated our 11th anniversary – I can’t believe it’s been 11 years with this man. He is my life. And he knows me so well. He got me a cyclist; someone who could physically fight back, is kind of pretentious, and is easy to capture when you’re bored with them. You just run them over.

We spent hours tearing his body apart – muscle is very difficult to cut through. In the end, we cut his body into five pieces, drive them out to our favourite burial ground, and then had sex on the car. Like a bunch of gross teenagers. It was very romantic. Afterwards, we went to a late night showing of Captain Marvel and fell asleep. We are getting old; and as amazing as Brie Larson was, an 11pm start is a little too late for me to sit in a dark room.

All in all, it was a really nice anniversary. I liked spending time with James just doing what we love.

I never thought I’d have to make time for my husband, I always thought it would come naturally. Just being together. Couples who have to schedule date night are spiraling towards unhappiness. But maybe it’s just a necessary reminder to check in with each other. That you’re not in this alone. Being able to talk to James about what’s been going on took a giant weight off my shoulders. I’ve missed spending time with him. I’ve missed how he makes me feel.

When we first got married, we were inseparable. Shared everything – unknown daughters born of previous one-night-stands aside. And we haven’t stopped doing that. Our alone time isn’t as frequent as it once was. I don’t know what that means. Maybe it just means that I have to stop waiting for our time to come naturally or some special event to happen. Maybe I should schedule date night. Be those losers who have to make time to check in with each other.

And maybe that means we’re on a downward spiral to unhappiness. But I would rather put some effort into our relationship than risk losing it.

I’ve already talked to him about this and he’s on the same page so, our communication skills are still strong. We just have to make sure they stay that way.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment