Wednesday 13 March 2019

Your Mid-Week Update for 03/13/19

Dear readers, I have never believed that the universe was conspiring against me. I have put out a lot of negativity and I'm still standing. A basic level of karma is not the same thing as universe conspiracy. If I'm going to get screwed over, it's directly because of my own actions. I am my own worst enemy, damn it, and you can't take that away from me!

I bring this up because I think the universe might be trying to royally fuck me over. And it's my own damn fault.

In March 2016, I successfully got Charlotte Westburn out of an sketchy situation - one which ended in me dismembering her husband for murdering my daughter. Charlotte was nice, she was my friend, but she was innocent in Daniel's crimes and I couldn't bring myself to kill her - even though she knew my secret. I trusted her to keep it for fear of her own safety and the scandal that would be unleashed if she ever revealed what she knew. And for three years, that is exactly what happened.

And then this weekend, everything changed.

For the last few months, and especially in recent weeks, I've been convinced that someone was stalking my family; in the house, at school and work. I think I told you about being sick and believing there was someone standing in the doorway to my bedroom. Enough to terrify a family of people who don't terrorize for a living. I was getting more pissed off than anything.

No, I was scared. I was worried and I was scared that this would not end well and I might be right.

Charlotte is back.

I thought I would be happy to see her if she ever knocked on my door again - and maybe I would have been - except she didn't knock at my door. I came home to find her sitting on my bed. And she barely looked like Charlotte. I knew she would change her appearance to get away from press and prying eyes but this was a visibly emotional shift. She had hardened frown lines and a permanent lifted eyebrow. Always scrutinizing. If I ever missed my friend, this is not how I imagined our reunion would be.

She faked pleasantries for a moment but ultimately asked to get down to business. What business, you ask? That is when Charlotte - my friend, my confident - threw down photos, usb sticks, and memory cards. She assured me, they were full of enough evidence to put me in prison for the rest of my days. And bring my whole family along with me. I believed her. Plus she gave me a usb to look through. She wasn't lying.

She promised none of these copies were final and she had ensured that the police would be notified if any harm came to her. The thought crossed my mind for a moment but I was more confused than homicidal at the time.

Then, she asked for a favour.

There was a man in town for a conference and she wanted me to kill him.

Normally, it wouldn't take blackmail and a betrayal of trust to get me to kill anyone but this man is an elected official. A minor counsel member but a political man nonetheless.

She's looking for an assassination.

Dear readers, I swore I would never become an assassin. There is never an end. And I can sense it now. If I kill this man for Charlotte, there will be more. Other than the utter heartbreak I felt at seeing the woman my friend had become, there are several reasons not to go through with this.

But my family. She threatened my family. She has evidence that could hurt all of them and I will not let that happen. If I do this for her, I could potentially find and destroy every trace of their danger. It's a risk either way.

I have until he flies home on Saturday morning to decide what I'm going to do.

I don't normally beg for help but dear readers, I don't know what to do.

No, that's a lie. I know what I'm going to do. But I need the strength to go down this road. So far, no one else knows about Charlotte's visit or her plans for me. And if I can end this quickly, no one need ever know.

Except for you. You, who always bear witness to the great downfalls in my life. What's one more.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment