Wednesday 25 October 2017

Your Mid-Week Update for 10/25/17

I’ve had a confusing weekend. James texted last week and suggested we play cops and robbers. I’ll admit, I thought it was going to be a sex thing but it turned out to be a car thing and way more fun. Not really. Our sex life is very healthy. Stop asking.

So, the “car thing” was a roleplay of cops and robbers where we sit in a car, with a sunglasses and an unused radar, and pick out victims. We made a game out of it, calling out a colour or number and the first car that passes matching our description, we follow. Either we’d lose the car or we’d follow it to their destination and kill them. I learned so much about how police “tail” a suspect, and covert movement this weekend than I have in the entire time we’ve been married.

That’s not to say James hasn’t taught me things about his work, or shared his experiences.

Shut up.

We played his game of cops and robbers all weekend but at night, we played my game but I have to admit, I might have liked his version better. Maybe I’m just not as into roleplay as I previously thought.

On a completely unrelated note, Halloween is coming up and I haven’t decided if I’m going out this year. Unless something upsets my plans, I usually go out in costume and terrorize a random neighbourhood with death and dismemberment. This year, I almost forgot it was coming up and I have yet to find my location for the year. Am I too old to use Halloween as an excuse to maim and terrorize people?

God I hope not. I’ll just have to do a few midnights runs around the city to find my target in time. And I do mean those runs literally. I haven’t abandoned that little nugget. In case anyone was wondering. It’s still as exhausting as ever and I’m still dreading the early morning chill. Why is it so cold and yet my body is so hot?

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment