Wednesday 29 August 2018

Your Mid-Week Update for 08/29/18


I think they killed Mary.

I talked to Detective Watts, the human definition of the colour gray, and apparently the case on my friend Mary is still open.

It’s been weeks!

Apparently they’re pursing “multiple leads” but he can’t speak about an “open investigation”. I forget that my husband is constantly breaking the rules. And committing crimes. But when he told me they still hadn’t made an arrest, I went to talk to Mary’s ex’s. All…three of them: Her husband, her lover, and the man she was sleeping with for sexual favours. Oh yeah, and then there’s the woman with whom her lover was cheating. I chatted with the three men, separately of course, and they all seemed mostly heartbroken but each of them had a glimmer of…something. They weren’t telling me the whole truth.

And then, when I asked them about where they were when Mary died, none of them could give me a straight answer that was actually satisfying. Sure, they could have been at home watching TV or out at the bar watching a local band, but even he seemed nervous.

I think they conspired to kill Mary.

They can’t do this. She was my victim first.

Oh that poor woman. Everyone in her life wanted her dead.

Regardless, I now feel compelled to investigate further so that’s what I’ll be doing for the next few days or weeks.

I don’t know why I feel compelled.

I suppose I feel cheated, losing out on a kill I’d waiting so long for.

And maybe a small part of me actually liked Mary. She was quirky and morally corrupt. Just like me. I could use a friend with similar ethics. I have Heather, but she didn’t mean to commit murder. And I have James, who really is my best friend. But I want someone I’m not sleeping with, you know?

Mary could have been that. Before I killed her. Now we’ll never know.

So now I guess I hunt for her killer AND a potential new friend.

What a week.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment