Wednesday 8 August 2018

Your Mid-Week Update for 08/08/18

As a birthday gift to myself, I’ve decided to go to Austria for my “wanderlust” vacation. I have never been there, I know nothing about the country - but I know the tourist places will speak English - so it’s going to be a relatively safe adventure. As often as possible, I’m not going to plan ahead. We’ve been assured that we can get around on local transportation so we aren’t renting a car, and there are plenty of places to stay so we’re booking a hotel in Vienna when we arrive and then staying wherever we can. With one exception which I haven’t told James about.


We’re staying in a castle! Because Europe is just lousy with castles, the novelty is slightly dampened but when I saw that was an option, I had to book a night in an actual castle. We didn’t really do anything for our tenth anniversary which will likely haunt me for the rest of our lives - though, he didn’t plan anything either - so this is my way of making it up to him. Five days wandering around scenic Austria. No work, no drama. Just us and the mountains. We leave tonight and return Tuesday afternoon (12 hours each way) because it’s always cheaper to leave in the middle of the week. 


Not planning ahead when I have the ability to plan ahead may kill me, but I think not being able to bring any murder tools will be harder. Sure, there’s plenty of places to hide a body, but I don’t know what my options are for murder. Should I steal a kitchen knife from the hotel on the first day just in case? Should I also try to wing my kills? Should I just not kill and enjoy the scenery? It’s not as though I kept my promise to not kill last week, I should do what I said I would do.


Honestly, I tried to abstain from killing anyone last week but some people are too stupid to live, you know?


Who takes all the effort to merge into right lane only to cut across four lanes to turn left at the next turn-off? He nearly caused several accidents, including me - which is inexcusable when it’s a gorgeous Friday morning and you’re already a little late. I ended up being...very late. But who cares, I’m the boss. Ugh, I hate those bosses. It was a one-time thing.


It’s a one-time thing that’s happening more and more. I don’t want to become one of those bosses who constantly takes advantage of their power. Don’t let me do it again.


Anyways, next week’s update may be a little jet lagged but I promise to tell you all about my time in the castle and the lack of planning on an international trip.


It’ll be fun.


As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment