Wednesday 7 February 2018

Your Mid-Week Update for 02/07/18

I should apologize for my inconsistent updates lately. I won’t because, well, you’re here for me – but I do recognize what’s happening. I have a legitimate excuse this week. I was brought into the police station last Tuesday night to give a statement about an accident I witnessed. Given the “seriousness” of the incident, it was made clear that it was not optional. It was not serious. Not really.

What was serious was the dismembered couple I left in the alley on my way to witness the accident. Now that would be worthy of an overnight visit to the police station. Of course, no one is ever alive to talk about it.

A four car pile up with one death and minor injuries is not serious. Even if it did involve a minor celebrity and a school bus.

I didn’t get home until the early hours on Wednesday and ended up going in to work for half a day in the afternoon. The amount that people in office jobs don’t care is both amusing and disconcerting. I could do pretty much anything I wanted and no one would bat an eye. That co-worker I killed sometime last year – or was it the year before? Nothing. One internal investigation, one pot-luck lunch and we moved on as a company.

I will tell you this: any big corporation that claims to offer a “personal touch” is straight-up lying to you. There is nothing personal about office work. Granted, this is coming from someone who works here as an alternative to prison – because I would, in fact, go crazy if I didn’t have a boring cover story and a reason to vent my frustrations.

In many ways I am not dissimilar to Clark Kent; secret double life, loved one who covers my ass, a penchant for murder. Seriously – especially the early comics – our favourite illegal alien had a different set of morals.

Times change. People’s opinion of reality changes. The caped crusader throws people off of buildings.

Wait…that’s Batman.

Lots of superheroes have capes and Batman also throws people off of buildings so…my point still stands.

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment