Wednesday 18 March 2015

Your Mid-Week Update for 03/18/15

I’m feeling a little slow and uninspired today; but that is likely because of the copious amounts of pain killers I’m currently on. I have been high as balls the last few days but I’m finally regaining some focus this morning.

See, Friday night, I was driving back from visiting my sister and my car got t-boned on the highway. I’m alright but I broke my leg which means I’m off my feet for a few weeks. The other driver is not okay. Unfortunately the impact from the collision caused me to bash his head in with a tire iron and make it look like he hit his head on the steering wheel. Oops.

That’s right, you heard me. I killed someone for fun this weekend.

It was like the clouds opened and angels sang and there was blood everywhere. I’m serious. It’s like a weight was lifted off my chest. Until I passed out from the pain of several bones sticking out of my leg.

Okay maybe I’m exaggerating but it was still broken and it still hurt.

I’m stuck at home for the next little while which means I have recruited my lovely husband to do some reconnaissance on Daniel’s old friend, whom I am calling Chip. Because he looks like he’d have an asshole name like Chip. He’s actually really nice – based on the conversations I had with him at Daniel’s birthday dinner – I just don’t think people who are entirely good would be friends with a disgraced private investigator who holds a ridiculous grudge against people.  So James is out stalking him when he’s not at work or running interference between me and the kids.

I’m working from home since my office has no elevator or feasible way for me to go up and down three flights of stairs every day which means that I’m there when the kids get home from school. They can’t escape me muahaha. They’re still not talking to me but at least they have to face me. It’s a start.

My sister was none too pleased when I told her that her children still had no desire to see her. I think she understands why but it can’t be easy to be rejected by your own children. I honestly don’t know what to do but I’m sure I’ll end up telling the kids the truth sometime this week. Because that’s just how life goes.

I haven’t seen Daniel since the accident. The conspiracy theorist in my wants to think that he had something to do with the incident but I don’t want to believe it. The guy was drunk driving home from a party, I doubt there’s anything more than that.

Charlotte visited me in the hospital and told me that Daniel had been called away on business – which isn’t helping. She’s visited me every day after she’s done work. All Heather did was send a card. Not that I was expecting much from my secretary but it would have been nice if someone from the office at least acknowledged me. Not that I’ve been very focused on work these past few months. Still.

I’m realizing that I’ve been very single-minded lately and it’s done nothing but pile on the problems in my life. I’m thinking that taking this unscheduled break will be a much needed palate cleanser for the senses. Maybe once the smoke clears I can really…relish the fact that I killed someone this weekend. I have no idea if I’m ready to go back to my full time gig or if this was just a one-time thing but I have quite a lot of thinking to do about my life.

Or.

I could stop thinking about it and just do it.

That’s always a possibility.

In the meantime.

Time for my next dose.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment