Wednesday 31 December 2014

Your Mid-Week Update for 12/31/14

I survived Christmas with my parents.

That is something I have not been able to say since I was fourteen. I don’t know what it was about age fifteen but it all went downhill. Anyways, Christmas wasn’t horrible but I was also high on endorphins most of the time. Just remembering the kill and going to my mental happy place let me tune out my mother’s incessant criticism and my father’s four hour inspection of my house – from the pipes to the drapes.

After I ditched the kids on the 23rd, they were a bit upset with me. Apparently “grandma” had some choice words for the family she feels has abandoned her. They weren’t pretty. As revenge, they left me alone with my mother for hours while I “helped” her make dinner on Christmas day. Back when we actually made Christmas dinner as a “family”, the honour of assistant always went to my sister but seeing as she had her Home Leave deferred for another 6 months, and the fact that she’d kill my mother on sight: I don’t think she’d mind.

But I purposefully ignored my mother, drank a whole bottle of vodka, and let the kids each have a glass of some very strong liqueur that my husband smuggled from the evidence locker, and we survived.

You know, I’d say that I was overdramatizing or being too harsh on my mother but at this point, I think I’m just programmed to react like this. That woman has never said a kind word to me as far as I can remember.

She turned my baby sister over to the police and at the drop of a hat she would do the same to me. She would break my children’s hearts again. I can’t understand that woman nor do I want to. I’m just happy that she’s gone and that I don’t have to hear from her again until the next Christmas invasion.
The rest of the week has really just flown by. James is working overtime – no rest for the wicked – Sandra is at work, and Jason is out looking for work; or pretending to look while he makes out with his girlfriend in the back of various movie theatres.

I have spent most of my free time with Daniel. Right after my mother left on the 27th, he confronted me about Barry – whose name was not actually Barry and I’ve since updated his entry in my notebook – telling me that he will prove my guilt one way or another blah blah blah. He was quite upset until I offered him a cup of coffee and he drove off in a huff. I, of course, followed him and discovered the most terrifying secret of all:

Daniel Westburn is married.

I met her. She’s nice. Clearly overworked, and incredibly upset with “Danny” but she had a Northern European beauty to her. Quite, polite.

I didn’t kill her, if that’s what you’re wondering. Actually we’re going out for drinks later this week. Her name is Charlotte, she’s a small claims lawyer. I told her that I was a client who was just coming in to sign some paperwork (Daniel brings his work home with him, who knew). We actually have a lot in common, I think we’re going to be good friends.

Which of course pissed off Daniel like nothing else. The look on his face when I hugged his wife made all that fury from a few weeks ago just melt away.

You casually talk to my husband? I become besties with your wife.

The rest of my time has just been spent bringing up the boxes so we can put Christmas decorations away in the new year, following Daniel around, and watching classic action movies while I do paperwork that I brought home with me from the office.

Overall, I really can’t complain about the holidays. I thought I was going to have to but it wasn’t horrible.

I survived. And I hope you all did, too.

Let me know in the comments: how were your holidays?

Now, it’s New Year’s Eve. I can’t believe the year is over. The last half definitely went by faster than the first. I also don’t remember a chunk of the last half so that might factor into it.

In terms of reflecting on the year, I have a lot to be proud of and a lot of mistakes I don’t want to repeat. That’s part of why I have this blog – so I can look back and see how far I’ve come. Both as a woman and as a serial killer.

You know, I don’t think of this blog as a “diary or murder” parse; it’s more of a recounting of my life and my passions. And my life and passions happen to involve decapitation with a tire iron on occasion.

I do want to thank all my new readers who’ve joined us this year. Your support means so much to me.

I’m not one to make New Year’s resolutions so I won’t bore you with some fake ones but I do hope to keep moving forward in the coming year and spend some more time with my family, returning to the way things used to be before the summer.

Before Daniel.

The only way I’m going to do that is if I take him out of the equation which is exactly what I’m going to do.

Watch out, world, here I come.

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment