Homecoming by Cecilia Robert
Release Date: October 25 2013
**Mature Content Warning** 17+ for language and sexual content.
Five years ago, twenty-three-year-old panther shifter Sera Czedar left her home and her newly mated groom in a humiliating position after a mating ceremony gone wrong. She built a new life for herself in Varselles, the City of Outcasts where shifters exiled from their clans in the Seven Kingdoms can go for sanctuary.
Five years ago, panther shifter Levian Grayson was abandoned on the bonding bed by his bride, Sera. After years of tracking her, he arrives in Varselles, intent on staking his claim on her once and for all, even if it means hauling her over his shoulder just to make sure that happens.
Sera has always known her homecoming would eventually catch up with her one day. The one thing she can’t bear to do is hurt Levian, which will happen as soon as he finds out the reason she left him. Is she ready to take that path? Most of all, will Levian still want her
when the truth comes out?
First of all the cover is GORGEOUS. Feel free to judge the book by its cover. In all honesty I’ve never read anything by Ms. Robert despite owning a few of her other books and I guarantee I will be reading more. Her characters are so much fun. Incredibly strong women (Sera is just….unf), and deliciously flawed men (Levian. No words.); they’re absolutely irresistible. Her narration and description are like their own characters – so entertaining and engaging. Yup, I’m in love.
The story itself is so simple and so sweet and the premise is classic but not something I’ve specifically seen before. Really I’m just going to keep gushing so while I do that, why not look at my Random Notes While Reading:
· The cure, the shifters; they all sound so cool…in a horrible, tragic way
· I love how flawed and seemingly delicious Levian is
· Geez, Sevic, get a hold of yourself. He won’t bite. This time.
· Ah fighting. Like love. They’re universal.
· “Slippery. Little. Woman?” Boy, you best check yourself
· Okay good. Glad I wasn’t the only one to find The Storm arousing
· Yum. Shameless men
· So….everyone wants Sera?
· Hee hee: polished his “roar”
· Thank you for explaining in textbook format (foreign word gets a direct explanation).
· Just a few sentences and I already think Sera is kickass
· Gives a new meaning to “grab the bull by the horns” lol
· Varselless sounds so enticing as a city. Gritty and dark with its own laws. LOVE IT!
· Is it horrible if I say I find Aniek attractive? ‘Cause I do. I really do.
· Aww, Sera, you’re so sickeningly sweet
· Teague, you’re a dick (ha!)
· Sera just keeps getting better
· I didn’t think Levian could get hotter until Sera described him
· Cecilia has that animal/primal nature down. Phew!
· Oh Sera, I have a few ideas about what you can do with Levian
· I can’t read this book in public. I’d melt. Unf.
· I don’t know how I feel about “ribbon of pleasure” – it’s certainly new
· “Let yourself go” is sadly an overused phrase when it comes to orgasms
· Trust us, you don’t need to be so possessive, guys
· Keep it up
· When your girlfriend is that hot, you have to be a little more progressive with your thinking
· Called it; I think it’s so fitting
· Aww Teague you get to be a little less of a dick in my book
· I love the character development between when they were 18 and when they were 23. It’s tangible and believable. And hot.
· Aww so cute
· Yay! Happy Ending
There were more notes but they were mostly just “aww”s and “unf”s so I decided to spare you.
In conclusion: I love Cecilia’s writing style, her plots are engaging and I’m in love with her characters. Read it the moment it’s released. You won’t regret it.