Monday 9 September 2013

A Farewell to Sebastian (Part 2)



Dearest Sebastian,

I know you were expecting this but it's much harder to write than I realized. So I'll make this brief. Eric's kingdom is under siege and he and I have been told to relocate to the country. Far away from the sea. Somewhere they tell me is safe. I can think of no safer place than the sea but I must go with Eric. Melody is east with her husband and newborn child. They need you. Not more than I do but certainly they need you. And I need you to go to my family and make sure that they are safe in the coming days. You are the only one I trust to protect them.

In case I don’t survive the journey this is goodbye, my dearest friend. Without you I would not be where I am today. I would not be the woman I am and for that I am so grateful. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me and my family. You have been my mentor, and my guardian and my family for so long and I almost can’t bear to see you go but you are needed elsewhere. So for perhaps the last time: goodbye.

Thank you for being everything I needed you to be. Thank you for caring for me and protecting me from the very beginning. Thank you, Sebastian. I trust I will not see you again so you must know.

I love you like a father. I have always loved you like family.
You will always be in my heart and it is breaking to have to say goodbye. Please, please keep Melody safe. If I survive I will come and find you both. Raise her child well, as you have us. I am so proud to call you my friend.

Until we meet again.

Love,

Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment