Following yesterday's talk on Act One, we're following it up with Act Two (shocking). Act Two is where all the action goes down. It's the "meat" of the story as it were. This is were conflict happens; obstacles and drama are at their finest. Leave your reader on the edge of their seat.
Be able to answer the following:
- Where have you deepened the drama?
- Where have you added complications for your protagonist?
- How are your character's motivations, desires, and vales causing him to react to events and situations in a way particular to him?
- How is your character changing? How is he affected by the events unfolding before him?
- What is the climax of the novel?
Assignment Today: keep up with those bullet point scenes and continue into Act Two, conscious of the questions above as well as where you are ending your Act.