Friday 11 January 2013

Book Boyfriends: A Guest Post by AllieSJay

After a little bit of begging and pleading my dear friend Allie agreed to talk openly about an obsession of hers: Book Boyfriends. As a lover of YA, she was more than happy to do a little gushing.           
 Greetings fellow book lovers! My name is Allie, known as AllieSJay on twitter and goodreads, and the wonderful Vicki has asked me to do a guest post. This makes me all kinds of excited because I love doing guest posts. They stoke my ego and make me feel more important than I really am. The topic of today’s post? Book Boyfriends. That’s right ladies and gents, book boyfriends. This has got to be one of my favorite topics. The Y.A literary world is chock-full of awesome guys that will make even the most cynical heart swoon. So here are my top 3 favorite guys.
Jesse de Silva from The Mediator series is number one on my Book BF list. If you haven’t read The Mediator series by Meg Cabot then as soon as you’re done with this post you need to hop on your kindles or jump in your cars and head to the bookstore because this series is amazing. Ok so let me give you a little info on Jesse. Jesse is a ghost who has been dead for the past 150 years. He currently haunts the restored house where he was murdered, more specifically the room of sixteen year old Suze Simon. I must say a big part of why I love Jesse is because he’s a ghost. There’s something oddly attractive about the idea of a hot, sensitive ghost boy haunting one’s bedroom. Tortured ghost thing aside Jesse is a very caring, protective and smart guy. I love that he doesn’t take anything for face value. He actually uses his brain and tries to find the deeper meaning behind people and their actions which is an admirable quality in any guy. 
Cooper Cartwright, another creation of the brilliant Ms. Cabot, is number two on my list. Cooper, or Coop, is a thirty-something P.I who plays leading man in the hilarious Heather Wells Mystery series. Cooper has a very special place in my heart. My favorite thing about Coop is the fact that he can go from strong, silent, and mysterious to being comfortable and completely honest. Want proof? Heather once caught him lounging on the couch watching The Golden Girls and when asked which character he identified himself with, instead of laughing her off he answered that of course it was Dorothy. Now I’m more of a Sophia girl myself, but how can you not love a man who openly admits to loving The Golden Girls? He’s perfection, I say, pure perfection. 
Last, but most certainly not least, is Dimitri Belikov from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Dimitri, or Dimka, is a twenty-four year old Russian Dhampir (that would be half vampire and half human) who is a very well-known Guardian. He somehow gets roped into acquiring seventeen year old Rose as his protégée which, of course, is when all the fun really starts to happen. I love Dimka because he has a very strong sense of morality. He knows what’s right and what’s wrong which makes his and Rose’s relationship all the much sweeter. The best part about Dimitri is his goofy fascination with Cowboys. You can often find him kicking back in the gym reading a Western while making Rose run outside in the cold.
Well that’s all. There are many guys I wish I could have added to this list but there isn’t enough time in the day, or willing readers, for that. I tried to keep it short because I have a tendency to gush. If you want to know more about any of fellows above I strongly encourage you to pick up each series. I hope everyone enjoyed this post and remember, real boyfriends may come and go but book boyfriends are forever.
-Allie
You can follow Allie on Twitter and check out her blog BOOKSESSED!

1 comment:

  1. I do love Dimitri! I haven't read either of the Meg Cabot series, so I've added them to my TBR list on Goodreads. Thanks for the recommendation, and great job on the post, Allie!

    ReplyDelete